Available position: Hatchery Manager
Hatchery manager – seaweed biologist
Seaweed Energy Solutions AS (SES) is a Norwegian company cultivating seaweed for food, feed, energy and other markets. Since the establishment in 2009, the company has engaged in several R&D projects and has been one of pioneers in the development of this new industry in Europe. SES has its main operations in Norway with a seaweed hatchery based in the city of Trondheim and a sea farm at the island of Frøya.
We are now seeking a “Hatchery manager” who will lead the operations and further development of our seaweed hatchery. We are seeking a skilled and dedicated biologist to join our young and enthusiastic team in Trondheim.
- Management of the seaweed hatchery operations
- Day-to-day handling of operational challenges (biological and technical)
- Biologically responsible for the hatchery. Responsible for further development of hatchery protocols and cultivation techniques
- Sales of seedlings to external customers
- Participation in national and international research projects
- Participation in field work at the sea farm at Frøya
- MSc or PhD in marine biology or aquaculture (preferably within macro- or microalgae)
- Minimum 3 year work experience in aquaculture or marine sciences
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to work in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- High work capacity
- Strong analytical and scientific abilities – detailed oriented and ambitious
- Flexible – ability to thrive in the hectic and unpredictable work environment of a biological production unit in rapid development
- Practical and willing to engage in manual production tasks
- Leaderships skills – well organised
- Collaborative and enjoying working in teams
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic for seaweed
- Full time position (permanent employment) with starting date 1st May 2018
- A key role in small and innovative company with large growth potential
- Exciting and challenging work tasks
- A dynamic work environment – work together with enthusiastic colleagues
Please send your application to Jon Funderud on firstname.lastname@example.org, questions can be sent to the same e-mail address. Closing date for application: 26th March.
The application should include full CV, references and letter of interest/motivation.